We offer everything from parenting workshops, social tot programs, playgroup formation events to beauty and shopping days. Join us and get to know moms from around your community. Showing the Edmonton moms the best of your community, with baby in tow!
Do you need an occasional babysitter? Come out to Cafe O’Play to meet local babysitters and enjoy some snacks and refreshments.
All babysitters in attendance:
- are experienced with child care and some hold safety certifications
- are able to provide their own transportation (public transit included)
- are willing to travel within West/South West Edmonton.
- are over 15 years of age
- range from high school students to university students, child care workers or full-time nannies
- want occasional sitting (particularly evening/weekend/summer hours)
- information sheet/resume for each babysitter in attendance
- ‘How to Hire a Babysitter’ article
- at-home ‘for the sitter’ reference sheet
- refreshments and a fun social night out with other moms
- face to face casual interviews with all babysitters
Children are welcome, we understand that you’re trying to find a babysitter. Note however, that nanny service is not available at this event.
There are typically between 5-10 babysitters in attendance.
What is not included: (Please read!)
- no pre-screening or reference checks
- Modern Mama assumes NO liability for hiring and working with any Babysitter met at the event
- no set wages were agreed upon, it is up to you and your babysitter to agree on an hourly rate
- Modern Mama is not an agency, we do not provide ongoing referrals to babysitters
Please Note that this event is about meeting sitters face to face, and it is just as important for the sitters to meet you, as it is for you to meet them, so please understand that we cannot send you sitter information if you are not attending in person.