While I was searching for potential locations for my daughter’s first birthday party a few months ago, I was surprised at the lack of baby friendly birthday party venues. Either I wasn’t searching properly or most places cater to ages two and up. My mind was set at having it anywhere but my house to avoid clean-up duty and just to make the whole day less stressful.
In hopes of relieving some of your party planning stresses, I’m excited to share my top five baby-friendly birthday party venues in Vancouver:
- Vancouver Community Centres: We recently held our daughter’s first birthday party at Mount Pleasant Community Centre and were extremely happy with their party package. The kids had an hour and fifteen minutes of play time in the gymnasium, complete with a baby/toddler gym and a preschool bouncy castle, which is perfect for guest lists where ages are not limited to just babies. To top it off, The City of Vancouver’s Parks and Recreation Department has made searching online for available community center locations a breeze! Note that each community centre operates their own birthday parties, and prices and activities will vary.
- Kerrisdale Play Palace: While it’s technically housed in a Vancouver community centre, the Kerrisdale Play Palace is a unique venue that has two huge bouncy castles, a giant inflatable slide, an inflatable obstacle course and toddler area with padded flooring, toys and a bouncy castle. There’s an option to rent a private room or four separate public party areas, or you can rent out the entire facility to host a private party! More details on fees and booking procedures can be found here.
- Jump Gymnastics – If your kid loves to go, go, go, Jump Gymnastics is the party place for your little monkey! With 45 minutes of active gymnastics play and games, parents of your little guests will be thanking you for an easier bedtime routine. Jump Gymnastics’ party packages come with a fully stocked party room with kid-sized tables and chairs, fridge, microwave and all necessary utensils, as well as all the clean-up!
- Granville Island Water Park – Have a summer baby that loves water? Why not celebrate their first birthday at the largest free outdoor water park in North America? In addition to a huge waterslide, a designated toddler area and multiple “sprays”, there’s also an outdoor covered party area for the parents to mingle and relax while the kids are enjoying the water park.
- Kinder Café: If you live in the Tri-Cities or the Fraser Valley, Kinder Café is the perfect place to host a party for the six and under crowd. While the kids go crazy in the huge play area (which has tons of toys, play houses, a slide, train table and a small bouncy castle), parents can relax on the couches and catch up with friends, all while sipping on their lattes. Kinder Café offers a variety of party packages, including a private party option, to relieve the party planning chaos!