Disclosure: I was loaned this car for one week to facilitate this blog post. As always all of my opinions are my own.
Last month my family and I took a trip down to Radium, British Columbia for a short getaway. I was anxious about the long drive down as this was the longest road trip the kids had ever been on. Luckily, we had the Chevrolet Tahoe as our vehicle for the long trek and I am sure glad we did!
We had the Premier model for our trip and this came with many perks. Including front and rear park assist, magnetic ride control, rear entertainment system ( thank god) and much more. We were also loving the android auto feature which allows you to play all of your music and phone features effortlessly. My husband is missing this feature most! While driving down I was continuously posting to my social media accounts for work and so the built-in WIFI was a huge plus! It really saved me from not blowing through my data on this trip.
More Features We Loved!
- V8 engine: My husband noticed that because of the Ecotec technology that to save on gas the engine fired only on 6 cylinders and bumped it up to 8 when needed. This is a great option to still have the V8 power but not burn through gas.
- Heated and air-conditioned seats: My SUV has heated seats but I truly appreciated having the airconditioned seats as well!
- Lane keep assist: This is a great feature to have especially when driving on the high way. It does just as the name says, helps keep you from drifting into other lanes!
- Low speed forward automatic breaking: Sometimes we don’t think we are driving that close to the car in front of you until they are coming to a stop. This helps break for you in case your foot just doesn’t get there in time.
- Hands-free Liftgate: Such a great help when you have your arms full of groceries!
- Automatic windshield wipers: The windshield senses when rain hits it and automatically starts the wipers for you.
- Blind spot monitoring: The vehicle does this by a light on either side mirror indicating that someone is in your blind spot and not to change lanes.
- Front and rear park assist: This feature was a life saver for me as I was not used to driving such a big vehicle. Having the backup camera and sensors helped me park with confidence knowing I wasn’t going to hit any other vehicles.
- Rear Entertainment System: This was hands down my kid’s favorite feature of the car. I loved that it came with two wireless headphones so that my husband and I could still listen to music while the kids watched their movies.
- Heads Up Display: Your speed is projected onto your windshield! Which is perfect for when you’re driving on the highway and don’t want to take your eyes off the road.
I’m not going to lie, I was quite intimidated to drive the vehicle due to its size. The vehicle handles more like a truck, which I am not used it driving my smaller crossover SUV. However, the car grew on me and I was quite sad to have to give it back. This car truly has everything I could ever want in an SUV and more! If you’re in the market for a family vehicle with tons of storage, great on gas, and jam-packed full of great features. Then this is certainly the SUV for you!
Starting at $58,465 visit Chevrolet for more information!