This weekend is the second annual Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour in St. Albert and it’s jam packed with family friendly and free activities!
- What: Roger’s Hometown Hockey Tour is a Canada wide, coast to coast celebration of Hockey in our great nation!
- When: Saturday March 5 & Sunday March 6
- Where: Downtown St. Albert, in front of St. Albert Place. Activities will stretch along St. Anne Street from Perron Street to Sir Winston Churchill Avenue, basically the Farmer’s Market area in the summer.
- Cost: Free!
- Activities: There are a range of exciting things happening including live music, autograph signing and appearances by hockey greats like Lanny McDonald, Mark Messier and Ryan Smyth, Hockey Circus Show, Dodge Family Face Off, a cheer contest, ball hockey pick up games and more. Be sure to check out the Playmobil Kids Zone which will have Playmobil NHL Hockey toys, face painting, sign making & a Sportsnet Magazine cover shoot! The event will culminate at 4:30pm on Sunday with Ron McLean live from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio doing a special pre game show before an outdoor viewing party of the Edmonton Oilers vs Winnipeg Jets at 5pm.
Share your experience on social media using the #hometownhockey hashtag!
Other events in the community to celebrate Hometown Hockey:
- St. Albert Centre will be hosting a special edition of Super Kids by Centre Court (in front of the Hudson’s Bay) on Thursday March 3 from 9-11am. There will be hockey themed everything! Crafts, sensory bins, games and a whole lot of fun for the 0-5 age crowd.
- The St. Albert Public Library will be offering some hockey themed activities as well as warm up stories inside from noon-5pm both Saturday and Sunday.
- The Art Gallery of St. Albert will be offering a hockey-themed community art project from noon-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- As well, the Musee Heritage Museum will be open from 10-5 on Saturday and 11-5 on Sunday with a variety of fun crafts like making your own hockey card, paper hockey dolls, and hockey masks as well as a historic hockey display.
Do you know of a family friendly event to celebrate Hometown Hockey that we’ve missed? Let us know!
Enjoy your weekend, hockey fans!