We recently had the opportunity to try out Papa Murphy’s Pizza here in South Surrey (by Safeway at the corner of 24th & King George Hwy).
The location is squeeky clean and I love how the fresh (and local) ingredients are all on display and in coolers, visibly. The dough is all made fresh in house daily. Since they don’t bake the pizzas on-site, wait what?
They don’t bake the pizza for you.
That’s right, skip the extra oil and grease, and take your freshly made pizza home to bake simply, in your own oven, 425 for 12-14 minutes and enjoy. Voila!
It can be kept for up to three days in your fridge before baking, so I could add this to my grocery list during the week and enjoy a pizza night on Friday.
In addition to being lighter & fresh tasting and less greasy, it also less expensive than pizza delivery. Combine that with the convenience of having in my fridge ready to go, and I’d say I’m sold.
(We are having Papa Murphy’s again tonight!)
- They make dessert pizzas like Cinamon and S’mores (looked amazing!) for $5
- They have dipping sauces available
- You can buy a small tub of cookie dough for a quick treat after dinner
- Mini-Murph’s for the kids – an individual sized pizza crust (also un-baked) that comes with a small container of cheese and one other topping for your child to play chef and build their own pizza before you bake it. This was a big hit with my girls.
- Join their eClub to get special offers
Papa Murpy’s wants YOU to try it too! The first 10 people who tell the folks at Papa Murphy’s South Surrey (15355 – 24th Avenue, Surrey #604.385.1980) Modern Mama send you and show them on your smart phone that you LIKE their Facebook page (Papa Murphy’s Canada), will get a FREE large pizza of your choice!
Modern Mama Membership Card holders will also receive $2 off all menu priced pizzas, all the time! Just flash your card mamas.