The snow is here and so is the Holiday Season! I gathered up some Holiday Activities happening in St. Albert.
Santa is Coming!
Santa arrives at St. Albert Centre Saturday, November 24th. The first 100 people to donate between 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. to St. Albert Kinette Christmas Hamper Campaign receive a FREE 5×7 photo with Santa! Not able to make it on the 24th no problem, here are his hours:
- Saturday, November 24th; 12-4 p.m.
- Monday through Saturday; 12-3 p.m. & 4-8 p.m.
- Sundays; 12-4 p.m.
- Last Day Sunday, December 23rd; 12-3 p.m & 4-6 p.m.
North Pole Giveaway!
Staring Saturday, November 24th at St. Albert Centre make a donation to the St. Albert Kinette’s Christmas Hamper or purchase a St. Albert Centre Gift Card and receive an entry to win a 2012 Dodge Caravan! SUGGESTED FOOD ITEMS: cereal, oatmeal, peanut butter, pasta, pasta sauce, canned soups, canned tuna, chicken, ham, coffee, stovetop stuffing, fruit juice, granola . Good luck to everyone!
A Very Cherdarchuk Christmas
November 30th & December 1st from 5 – 9 p.m. Takes place at First Choice Tree Nursery just outside Morinville, directions & more information Here. $25 per carload ($10 donated to the Mazankoswki Heart Institute of Alberta). WOW, the list of Activities is impressive:
- Winter gardens designed by Cory Christopher,
- Children’s Games & Prizes,
- Roving Christmas Characters; Snowflake pricess & Holly Berry the Head Elf are some!
- Christmas Carolers
- Snowflake Cinema
- Live Reindeer, more specifically Santa’s Reindeer!
- Ice Sculptures
- Pictures with Santa
- Complimentary Hot Beverages
- Elfie’s Dash Away Diner; Everything on the menu is Elf size! Tiny burgers, tiny drinks and more!
Friday, November 30th from 6:30 – 9 p.m.
- Community Hall (North Pole); Christmas tree light up at 6:30 p.m., Snowflake Ice Sculpture, do Christmas Crafts and Cookie Decorating after visiting Santa from 6:45 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- St. Albert Place (Elves Workshop); Storytelling around the Christmas tree at 6:30 p.m. & 7 p.m., Performace by Reign of Fire Flame Artist at 7:00, 7:45 & 8:30 p.m., Frosty Buttons Christmas Crafts, Hot Chocolate, Sparkle tattoos, Food Vendors PLUS Virgin Radio on hand with Fun Giveaways!
- Along Perron St., Michael St., & St. Thomas St.: Horse Drawn Wagon Ride!, Participating business will be open for shopping, Annual Fill a Bus Campaign (bring non perishable food item), Fire truck (this will be Malcolm’s favorite!!), Live Reindeer, Christmas Carols & Hot Chocolate/Coffee to stay warm!
- Grandin Theatres; Showing How to Train Your Dragon: Gift of the Night Furry (with FREE popcorn) every half hour starting at 6: 45 – 8:45 p.m.
St. Albert Christmas Market
The St. Albert Farmer’s Market comes inside every Saturday from December 1 -22 at St. Albert Place.
Letters to Santa
Saturday, December 8th from 12 – 4 p.m. at the St. Albert Grain Elevator Park. It is an afternoon of old fashioned, holiday fun for the family! Writing a letter to Santa, a gift of traditional Holiday spirit you can give to your children for Free!
Happy Holidays from Modern Mama St. Albert!