It’s January, which means the weather in our fair city is cold and many days are rainy. Luckily, there’s a great way to stay dry and have fun on the cheap. Vancouver drop in playtimes at community centres across the city offer parents and toddlers a great way to get out of the house, socialize and play. Wondering where to find one? We’re here to help! We’ve tracked down Vancouver drop in playtimes at seven locations around the city.
Vancouver Drop In Playtimes
- Britannia Community Centre – You and your little ones aged 1-5 years can enjoy a gym full of mats and playground equipment at Britannia. Kindergym is $2.50 to drop in, or $20 for 10 sessions. It runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am to 12:30pm, and Saturdays from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
- Creekside Community Centre – Bring your children aged up to age 5 to Family Play Gym to run, jump, climb and play. It’s $1.50 to drop in, or $10 for 10 sessions. It runs Mondays from 9:30 to 11:30am, Tuesdays from 1:30 to 5:30pm, Thursdays from 1:30 to 3:30pm, and Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 12:30pm.
- Britannia Community Centre – Parents and children ones aged 1-5 years are welcome at Parent and Tot Gym. It’s a chance to socialize and play on all the gym equipment. Drop-in is $3. It runs Mondays through Thursdays from 11:00am to 12:30pm and Fridays from 11:00am to 12:00pm.
- False Creek Community Centre – Wee ones up to age 6 can drop in at Parent and Tot Gym to explore various climbing apparatuses, sports equipment and other toys. It’s $3 per child or $5 per family to drop in. It runs Mondays through Saturdays from 10:15am to 12:15pm.
- Mount Pleasant Community Centre – Wee ones from 1 month to 6 years are welcome at Parent and Tot Gym for physical play and social interaction. There’s even a cozy corner for the smallest children. It’s just $1 to drop in. It runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30am to 12:30pm and Sundays from from 9:30am to 12:00pm.
- Roundhouse Community Centre – Bring your children age 5 and under to Parent and Tot Gym Time. They’ll climb on trestle equipment, tumble on mats, ride on toys, and jump in the bouncy castle. It’s $2.75 to drop in, or $21 for 10 sessions. It runs Mondays from 1:00 to 3:30pm, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 9:15 to 11:45am and Wednesdays from 12:30-2:30pm.
- Trout Lake Community Centre – You and your little ones from 1 month to 6 years can drop in at Parent and Tot Gym. Toddlers will have the opportunity develop their motor skills using gym equipment while meeting new friends. It’s $3 per child or $5 per family to drop in. You can also purchase 10 tickets for $24 per child or $40 per family. It runs Mondays through Fridays from 10:00am to 12:15pm.
To find more Vancouver drop in playtimes, and other programs at local community centres, visit vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/community-and-cultural-centres.aspx.