If you’re looking for something fun to do with your little one, you might want to consider gymnastics. There are classes for little ones, from babies to toddlers to preschoolers on up, that will get kids moving and playing. If you’re on the hunt for Vancouver gymnastics classes for your little ones, we have some suggestions for where to look.
Where to Find Vancouver Gymnastics Classes for Little Ones
Located in the Britannia Community Centre in the heart of the Drive, these Vancouver gymnastics classes run on Saturdays and Sundays. You’ll find options for toddlers and preschoolers from 18 months old and up.
Jump Gymnastics offers non-competitive classes geared to kids at two locations, in Yaletown and on the North Shore. Their Vancouver gymnastics classes start with Baby Jump for infants six months and up. They also offer Make + Move classes that involve a craft, drop-in playtimes, birthday parties, camps and date night programs.
Phoenix offers Vancouver gymnastics classes in two locations, one in Queen Elizabeth Park and one in Kits. Both locations have spaces specifically designed for preschoolers. Their class offerings start with Wiggles & Giggles for infants from six months old and up. Their offerings continue into toddler and preschool classes and right on up to advanced competitive gymnastics for older children. They also do camps and parties. If you’re looking for a place where your child can grow in the sport this may be your best bet.
Keep it Fun
The important thing when you’re starting any kind of class with your little one is to keep it fun. After all, for babies, toddlers and preschoolers the point of these activities is to experiment and play. Here are our quick tips for a successful experience with Vancouver gymnastics classes.
- Look for the Right Fit – Find a gym with a philosophy that feels good to you, and works with your child’s temperament.
- Don’t Overdo It – Look for a class that isn’t too long, and don’t feel the need to go too often. Kids have limited attention spans. If you’re not sure what your child can tolerate, try a drop-in first.
- Don’t Compare – Some children will take to a new activity quickly and easily. Other kids will take longer to warm up. Don’t compare your child to others, and don’t worry if your little one doesn’t jump in right away.
- Try More Than One Class – If the first class you try isn’t a fit, don’t worry. There are lots of Vancouver gymnastics classes, and lots of instructors, out there. Don’t be afraid to try another option.
- Consider Your Own Sanity – Little ones pick up on our moods. If you’re rushing clear across the city to get to an early class and feeling stressed out, it won’t be fun for anyone. Choose a class that works for you, so that you both arrive relaxed and ready to play.