I had the opportunity to test out the 2022 Genesis GV70 3.5T Sport Plus. It has been named MotorTrend’s 2022 SUV of the Year®. The vehicle comes with 24/7 Enhanced roadside assistance and 3 years *36,000 miles of complimentary maintenance, valet service and 3 years of complimentary connected services (safety, guidance and remote features)
I was impressed by its layout and features, making it very nice to drive and super family friendly. With seating for 5 and lots of leg room it makes a great family vehicle. The nice thing about the Genesis is that I found even the standard features where pretty inclusive and amazing.
Standard Features on the 2022 Genesis GV70:
- 2.5L 16-Valve DOHC Turbo (2,497 cc) Inline 4 Cylinder ( The 3.5T Sport editions has a 3.5L 24-Valve DOHC with Dual CVVT Twin Turbo (3,470 cc))
- Idle Stop and Go
- Dual exhaust
- Electronic Ignition System
- All Wheel Drive
- Automatic transmission
- Paddle shifters
- Comfort, Smart, Eco, Sport, Custom, Sport Plus Drive Modes
- ABS breaks with Electronic Parking Brake w/Automatic Vehicle Hold
- All the models are the same size and have the same amount of interior space
- 3500lbs (with trailer brakes) towing capacity
- Automatic LED headlights with high beam assist
- Heated Dual power outside mirrors
- Tinted glass
- Rain sensing wipers and auto defogging windshield
- Bluetooth Hands free phone system
- 8″ color LCD cluster display and Analog Gauges
- Heated Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Genesis Connected Services® Telematics System
- Wireless Charging Pad
- Proximity key with Push Button Start
- Rearview Camera with Parking Guidelines
- Power Hands-free Smart Liftgate w/ Auto Open
- 14.5″ HC screen
- Parking Distance Warning – Rear, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA) and Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), and Lane Following Assist (LFA),Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist : LS, JC, and ESA, Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
What I liked about the 2022 Genesis GV70:
There was a lot like about the Genesis GV70. It really was a beautiful car to drive. I loved how the cup holders were positioned in the front, they were conveniently placed for my arms reach. The night light that came from the side mirrors was nice and made it easy to see where you were stepping and reaching in the dark. The multitude of cameras that showed you all angles of the car, even from the top were very cool, not sure if they were all necessary though. The gear controls took some getting used to, but once I did I really liked the location of them on the dial in the middle console. The 14.54″ HD screen was a great size and easy to use and read. It made navigating, phone and other vehicle features easy to control.
The added features of the 3.5T sport plus with the bigger engine, leather interior and larger digital cluster (12.3″ 3D) were a nice addition. I thought the 12.3″ cluster display was a great size. Genesis also has an appt that allows you to remote start the car and park in tight spaces. I did not try that feature and Ill be honest the idea of getting out the car and the car driving itself was a bit intimidating for me. It is a feature I would have to get used to.
What I did not like about the 2022 Genesis GV70:
I actually do not have anything I did not like about the Genesis GV70. The fuel economy on the GV70 3.5T sport plus was 22 /28 mpg for city and highway. Which with gas prices these days was a bit too high for my liking and need.
Disclaimer: I was loaned the car for 1 week in exchange for a review. As always my reviews are of my own personal experiences and opinions.