By: Lindsay MacDonald, Modern Mama Edmonton
My family recently tested out the Graco Dimension 65 Convertible Car Seat and I must say I was really impressed that all three of my children met the requirements of the seat. So in other words it could be used from infancy through to the toddler/preschooler stage; which is a big bonus in my books! (Don’t mind my messy vehicle!)
I should also mention that having three young children means having three car seats across the back seat of my vehicle and in order to pass my test it must fit alongside two other car seats; and the Dimensions 65 passed that test right off the bat!
- Can be used rear facing for infants/children from 5 lbs to 35 lbs
- Can be used forward facing for children 22 lbs to 65 lbs
- The 5 point harness keeps your little ones safe and secure
- It is super easy to adjust the straps; ensuring that your child is safely secured every time they are in the vehicle
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness = no taking the straps out to adjust the shoulder height
- The headrest can be adjusted in 8 different positions so it is always at the proper height for your child
- Easy to install in a vehicle
Things we love!
I have really enjoyed using the Graco Dimensions 65 car seat with my children and found that it was all around easy to use. Not only is the harness completely adjustable in height, but it is also really easy to get the right tension to ensure your child is harnessed in correctly. The harness should lie flat with the chest clip at armpit level. To check whether the harness is secure, do the “pinch test” (pinch the harness strap at the shoulder; the straps are tight enough when you can no longer grab any excess webbing. – See more at: http://www.parachutecanada.
I also loved the versatility of this seat; my 1.5 year old, 3 year and 4 year old all sat comfortably in the same car seat! My 1.5 year old was very comfortable in the rear facing position, while my 4 year old was very comfortable in the forward facing position! And my 3 year old was able to test out both the rear facing and forward facing positions (because he is 35 lbs) and he seemed very comfortable in both!
To be honest, all three of them have argued over who gets to use this seat when we go out so I think it’s safe to say they love it too!
If you are looking for a new car seat I would definitely recommend the Graco Dimension 65 and you can find it at Babies “R” Us, in store and online!
** I received the Dimensions 65 car seat to review. The views expressed above are my honest opinions.**