I realized over the recent Holiday break, that my five-year-old is no longer a baby. I will have no more babies.
So I think it might be time to update her ‘big girl room’.
Whether a boy or a girl, there are bound to be things you are holding on to from their baby years that may be time to get rid of, and a few new updates may be needed in their ‘big kid room’.
1 – Start a Pinterest Board For Inspiration
Pinterest is an amazing resource and source of inspiration for home decor, organization and a great place to save all your bits for the upcoming room make-over you’re planning. Start with our Big Kid Room board (I also made a Pink & Gold Girls Room board for me!)
Pink Lamp from Target
2 – Make a List
I love lists! A couple of things on my list to replace in Ivy’s “big girl room”:
- Alarm Clock
- New hangers (I like them uniform, all white plastic, and we need more)
- New Artwork
- New Bedding
- Desk? (not sure)
3 – Purge
Things to donate:
- Infant & Toddler Toys (Check out my list of what to sell versus donate here)
- Baby-themed lamp
- Board books (except a few favourites)
- Crib (provided it meets all current standards, note: you cannot donate or sell a drop-side crib)
- Change Table
The best thing about updating a room is getting to get rid of stuff you no longer need. Purging household clutter and unneeded items is the best feeling. Donate items at your local Value Village. Check out all of my posts on what baby clothing to donate versus sell, how to prepare before baby #2 arrives, and donation options.
* This post is sponsored by Value Village. All views and opinions are my own.