Well mamas, I finally made it to one activity on my summer bucket list! Before the snows early arrival yesterday, my family and I made a trip to Downtown Edmonton to ride the High Level Bridge Streetcar. For $5 you get a round trip across the High Level Bridge and into the heart of Strathcona. At the Strathcona stop, we visited the Streetcar museum and learned some fascinating tidbits from true Edmontonians who actually rode the original streetcars back in the day. We ended our afternoon back in Downtown Edmonton and bought some fresh produce at the City Market right along 104 st. What a wonderful day!
Heading home I was so happy to have crossed this item off my bucket list. It’s unfortunate I didn’t get to the other things I wanted to do but summer is quite a busy time for my little family. And I think most of you mamas can relate. But after the awesome feeling of crossing off an item on my list I got to thinking. Sometimes you make a list and you forget it, so what do you do? Just make another one. So…here goes another try with a FALL Bucket List! Don’t worry, I’ll keep you posted on this one too. Good luck to all of you fellow list makers and I hope you get an item or two crossed off your list because it sure does feel good when you do!
1. Travel back in time at the Pioneer Museum and Pioneer Tea House to learn about the history of Stony Plain and Parkland County.
2. Visit the World of Boo at the Alberta Art Gallery and explore the art of storytelling.
3. Pick my own veggies and fruit at Happy Acres U-Pick. According to the website the season runs until early October!
4. Buy locally at the Spruce Grove Farmers Market.
5. Take a tour of the Spruce Grove Grain Elevator. –> Hit up #4 and #5 on the same day if you go on a Saturday
For more articles like this straight to your inbox subscribe for free now!