Wintertime in Edmonton & St Albert can make for some fun & unique date ideas, check out my picks below and spread some love this winter!
If you are feeling active…
- Head to the swimming pool and pretend you are somewhere tropical. Did you know that certain City of Edmonton Pools have Adult 18+ Public Swim times? Check the schedule out here!
- Sweat away those winter blues together at Servus Place in St. Albert or check out their Valentine’s Day Partner Yoga Class!
- Act like a kid, without your kids, at LZ Indoor Trampoline Park
- Take advantage of Servus Free Ski Fridays at the Edmonton Ski Club or hold hands and try out Snow Tubing at Sunridge Ski Area
- Bring some firewood, gourmet hot dogs and your skates to Lions Park in St. Albert.
- Go for a scenic cross country ski in Edmonton’s river valley and then warm up by enjoying hot chocolate by the fire at the new winter chalet (weekends only). Set the mood with some night skiing with lit pathways at Kinsmen Park.
Relax & Reconnect….
- Grab a beer or latte and sit down to a board game, without your toddler throwing the pieces everywhere at The Table Top Cafe or The Hexagon Board Game Cafe
- Take in a concert or comedy show at the Arden Theatre in St. Albert
- See a grown up movie at the new Cineplex Cinemas Manning Town Centre. 2 reasons: it is clean & not busy yet (in our experience)!
- Get pampered with a couples massage. Personal favourites include Wellness Within at the Enjoy Centre followed by a meal at the Glasshouse Bistro. Bonus points because you don’t have to go out to a cold car to drive to your dinner destination! Body Polish Day Spa also offers quality massages every. single. time. Recently, we experienced serious luxury at Body & Soul Spa in Sherwood Park. They have a cozy couples massage room and afterwards they whisk you into a lovely meditation room and feed you cupcakes & sparkly orange juice along with a take away soy candle!
- Take a Special Occasion Cooking Course together at NAIT
- Stroll along the St Albert Place Promenade and then snuggle up at Privada for yummy wine and tapas. The Gnocchi Poutine is amazing!
Whatever you choose to do for date night this winter try something new and enjoy!