This easy fish tacos recipe is simple, fast, and just as yummy as restaurant varieties. You can adapt it to make even healthier with corn tortillas, less salt, and non-fat sour cream.
You will need:
- white fish fillets (I like tilapia)
- tortillas (small)
- salt & pepper
- mexican chilli powder
- cabbage and red cabbage
- lemon juice
- sour cream
- sriracha sauce
1. Season both sides of the fish with salt, pepper and Mexican chilli powder.
2. Slice cabbage and red cabbage.
As you can see, I just used a coleslaw mixture this time, it works just fine!
Add a bit of lemon juice and salt. Stir.
3. Cut your avocado and tomatoes into chunks and mix with salt & pepper.
4. Now it’s time to fry up your fish and make your sauce.
Heat your pan on medium and add plenty of olive oil. Once hot, throw in your filets and fry for 3 minutes per side (less if they’re particularly thin).
5. While your fish is cooking, heat your tortillas in the microwave (with a damp cloth on top) for 30 seconds, and mix some sriracha with sour cream for your topping.
Assemble and serve immediately. We prefer buffet style where everyone assembles their own.