This Skillet Pizza is so tasty and easy to make, it will definitely make your dinner rotation!
When I say easy, I mean start to finish this pizza will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
What you will need:
- 2 cups of Flour (I use a mix of unbleached & whole wheat)
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Sea Salt
- 1 cup of cool water
- Splash of Oil (I use Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil)
- Cast Iron Skillet (frying pan)
- First off you need to turn your oven to 450 degrees and place your skillet in the oven
- While you pan is heating up, stir the dry ingredients together using a fork
- Add the water to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated
- Once your dough is formed (Note: it will be very sticky!), roll it out onto a floured surface
- Divide your dough into two pieces
- Using your hands (or rolling pin) incorporate a dash of flour into one half of the dough and shape into a rough circle. You want your dough to be large enough to fit the bottom of your skillet without folding over on itself.
- Get your toppings ready
- Pull your skillet out of the oven (remember it is HOT!)
- Lightly coat the bottom of your skillet with oil and place dough on top, making sure the entire bottom is covered by the dough
- Add toppings, place HOT skillet back in the oven
- Your pizza will need about 8 to 10 minutes to cook depending on your oven, keep an eye on it and watch for melted cheese and slightly brown crust
- Remove from oven, let pizza cool slightly and remove from skillet
- Repeat with the other half of your dough *Note: if you have a larger skillet (I use an 8″ pan) you can make a larger pizza by using both pieces of dough, or if you have 2 pans you can cook them at the same time!
Tip: Place your Skillet on the lowest oven rack when cooking to ensure your pan gets the most heat!
We love pizza in my house and often try different variations to keep things interesting, here are some of our favorites:
- Cooked Chicken, BBQ sauce, bell peppers, mozzarella cheese
- Sausage, BBQ sauce, spinach, peppers, cheddar & mozzarella cheese
- Tomato Sauce, ground beef, onions, mushrooms, and mozzarella/cheddar blend
- Bacon, spinach, caramelized onions, Asiago cheese, cherry tomatoes
- Turkey breast slices, pineapple, tomato sauce and cheese
- “White sauce” (Alfredo), chicken, red peppers, spinach & cheese
Start to finish this pizza will take you less than 30 minutes to create, so have fun and remember to be creative!
What is your favorite pizza?