I am one of the lucky ones.
Yup that’s right. We can’t all say that, can we? Ahh… if only everyone were as lucky as me. Oh wait! Maybe you can be!
What am I going on about?
London Drugs (#LDHoliday) is partnering with Modern Mama to give one lucky mama a special gift for Christmas.
I had the opportunity to try this product to review (lucky me!) and to give away to make your holiday season a little more fun and to simplify your entertaining efforts. You will amaze your friends with how easy it is to use.
Of course, I am talking about the Sodastream system.
Simple, modern and easy to use. The Jet turns tap water into sparkling soda and seltzer in seconds with no clean-up. The starter kit contains the Jet soda maker white – plus 1 BPA-free reusable carbonating bottles with fizz-preserving closures and 1 x 60L CO2 carbonator.
The Sodastream system has been popular for years in many countries around the world. In fact, my friend told me that he grew up using the system in Australia. I can see why it was one of the first purchases he made when he moved to Canada. It is a very cool product.
Although we are not big soda drinkers in my family I sometimes get a craving for something bubbly. Because I don’t really enjoy all the sugar that goes into most fizzy drinks I’m never quite satisfied.
Get Creative with Sodastream
What I love about the Sodastream system is that you can customize the amount of sweetness and carbonation that goes into every drink. And what’s even better is that you use plain, filtered tap water to create your bubbly drink. You add the flavours later and you can get really creative.
This weekend I’m thinking wine spritzers, with a touch of lemon. Yum!
Keep a fresh bottle of fizzy water on hand all the time and you’ll never have to splurge for Pellagrino or Perrier again.
Tips for using the Sodastream
- Sweeten to your taste by adding more or less of your chosen flavoured syrup.
- Adjust the amount of carbonation to your liking (but read the directions first!) You don’t want to over carbonate.
- Wash empty container in warm soapy water, do not put in the dishwasher or use boiling water to clean
Best Reasons to use the Sodastream
- Friendly to the Environment ~ Each plastic bottle will last two years
- Easy to Exchange the Canister ~ Simply return your empty CO2 container to your local London Drugs to exchange it for a new one. No hassle.
- The SodaStream unit does not require batteries or an electrical plug
- It only takes up a small amount of counter space.
- It’s very easy to use and your kids can help you (with supervision of course)
- Keeping plastic out of the landfills. But then again, you recycle, right?
Cost of using the Sodastream
- Depending on the unit you buy, it can range between $79.99 and $199.00 at London Drugs. But if you win this giveaway, there’s no cost!
- Each CO2 Canister will make 60 litres and costs $20 after exchanging it at your nearest London Drugs.
- If you were to buy 60 litres of carbonated beverages, it would cost around $60 depending on what you buy.
- Each bottle costs $10 and lasts 2 years.
- If you love colas or prefer name brand drinks, you can buy flavoured syrups ($5) that taste like the real thing.
When you use the Sodastream at home you will always have carbonated water on hand. Never again will you have to reach in to the fridge for a drink and pull out flat, tasteless Perrier. Better still? You will never again have to pay ‘Big Beverage’ to drink their overpriced and over-sugared drinks again.
I can taste freedom, can’t you?
Do you like the idea of using The Sodastream?
What is it about this products that you like?
Is it the green aspect?
The ability to customize the taste of your drink?
We want to know!
To enter the giveaway for the Sodastream system, please use the Rafflecopter widget below. For extra entries, leave a comment on this blog post!
This Giveaway ends Tuesday Dec 17th at midnight so put your flat blah soda down and enter now!
For more information on how London Drugs can support your efforts to be green check out What’s the Green Deal? or their Facebook page and to find out more about the Sodastream system go to London Drugs website HERE.
Follow @LondonDrugs on Twitter and search #LDHoliday for more great gift ideas for the holidays.
I was given a Sodastream to test and review as compensation for this post. And because I like London Drugs very much (as you’d know if you read this post about how my family is trying to be green).