Now that the holiday festivities are over it’s time to get back at it and start planning your 2016! One of these tasks, if you have a child aged 2-4 years old, will likely be searching for the right preschool. This can cause some anxiety in parents because even if it’s only twice a week in the mornings, your baby is heading to school and that is a big deal! Attending open houses and finding the right fit for your family is something I really encourage. St. Albert Creative Preschool is a little “school in the country” (but not too country- it’s still in St. Albert!) that I learned about last year when researching local schools. Here are 5 reasons to take a look at this one and join them at their open house on January 14th from 6:30-8:30.
- This non denominational preschool is located inside the Christ Community Church building, which is a big beautiful space. The preschool itself occupies space in the walkout basement with over 1,800 square feet and lots of natural light with a ton of windows. Bonus, the patio backs on to a greenspace for added learning opportunities.
Learn Through Play
- St. Albert Creative Preschool believes in fostering the social development of a child just as much as academic achievement. They do this through arts & crafts, games, movement, monthly thematic programming, in house speakers and field trips. There are 15-20 stations incorporated into the program to help develop various skills. This year they’ve had an owl visit the school as well as yoga!
- St. Albert Creative Preschool is a non-profit society that has been in operation, in various locations, for 50 years. As a first time mom of a preschooler this is important to me, because I sure don’t know what to expect!
- One of the best things about having a child is seeing them experience and celebrate traditions and holidays. St. Albert Creative Preschool puts together highly talked about Mother’s Day & Father’s Day event as well as a fun Christmas Concert with Potluck Party and a visit from the big guy, Santa, himself!
Teachers & a Dedicated Executive
- There are 2 teachers at all times and never more than 22 students per class. Both teachers have experience with early childhood education, preschool education and first aid training. The executive members are all parents of students registered in the school who have a very vested interest in the success of the program.
Classes are offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays or Tuesdays & Thursdays with both AM or PM options.
For more information, or to download an application form for the 2016-2017 school year please visit their website here. You can also follow them on Facebook. Don’t miss the Open House on January 14th from 6:30-8:30.
Happy School Shopping, Mama! XO
*This is a sponsored post to share information about this Non-Profit Preschool. As always, all opinions stated are my own.