If you haven’t checked out the Preschool Program at the St. Albert Family Resource Centre, you really should! There are a lot of reasons to love this gem, so I thought I’d share them below.
- This is a non-profit, licensed program that has been supporting families for over 33 years!
- The preschool program has a “learning through play” philosophy as they believe that play is essential for growth in young children. All areas of curriculum are covered including sensory, gross and fine motor, math, science, literacy, music, dramatic play, creativity and social skills.
- The St. Albert Family Resource Centre has a wealth of amenities that the preschool program has access to including a full kitchen. This leads to hands on learning.
- There are preschool progress reports and Kindergarten Readiness screenings so that you know how your child is really doing in the program.
- There is no extra fee for field trips, either in house or out in the community! Past trips have included the library, gymnastics and a pottery studio. Sometimes they have special visitors too, such as musical guests, emergency response professionals and even butterflies & baby chicks!
- There is absolutely no mandatory volunteer requirement for parents. Extra hands are always welcome and appreciated, if you have the ability. There are also opportunities for families to get involved with the Centre through community events, board of directors, and other fundraising events.
- The St. Albert Family Resource Centre Preschool Program is registered with the Alberta Stay and Home Subsidy program, which can save qualifying families up to $1200!
- When you enroll your child in the preschool program your ENTIRE family gets access to an annual agency membership to the St. Albert Family Resource Centre. This means that you can attend some free programs, get discounts on other programs and enjoy special events! We have been going to the Centre’s Just for Parents and Little Chefs program and are so impressed with the quality of programming.
- You can ease into the transition to preschool through the many parented and unparented programs at the St. Albert Family Resource Centre before your little one actually heads for their first day of preschool. This can help tremendously with the process of moving towards independence and confidence in your child (and parents too!).
- There is a ton of support when a child is enrolled in the preschool program, including access to a Parent Coach who can assist with all sorts of parenting questions and concerns as well as help with any issues with the transition to an independent preschool program.
There is availability in the AM (9:20-11:20) or PM (1-3) classes. All classes are 3 days a week and fees are $160 a month with a $100 non refundable deposit due at registration. You can get more information, and schedule a tour by contacting the friendly staff at the St. Albert Family Resource Centre here:
*Information for this post was supplied by St. Albert Family Resource Centre, all opinions are my own.