Valentine’s Day has turned into a bit of a corporate holiday but it doesn’t need to be. The following crafts are meant to be heartfelt gifts. The needed supplies can easily be found at your local dollar store if not already items you have in your house. These are all very user friendly ideas and do not require any crafting abilities.
Hearts on Door
This is one of the most simple, low to no cost Valentine’s Day gift ideas. This can be done with construction paper or scrapbook paper. I include things that we love about her and our favourite memories. I put one or two hearts on her bedroom door so that she wakes up to a new one for the first 14 days of February.
This is a tradition in our house for Valentine’s Day that started when my daughter was 6. The clue’s have evolved from super simple to more complicated. As she gets older I do tend to send her to one end of the house to the complete opposite to stretch out the hunt. I use a combination of rhyming clues that can be found on Pinterest and personalized clues
Past Clues Have Included:
- Don’t Be Slow, Be Quick Look Under the Bathroom Sink
- This Ones Easy Take A Look… The Next Clue Can Be Found in Your Favourite Book
- You Found Me Under Your Chair, Now Look at the Place You Do Your Hair
- Me in the Morning and in the Evening too, When You Keep Me Clean its a Reflection of Guess Who?!
- Follow The Clues to a Gift for You! Next One is Easy its in Your Shoe.
14 Days of Valentine’s
My grandmother created a gigantic card for my daughter. She attached a small gift bag and once a day includes a note and a small gift. The note explains how much she is loved and appreciated.
The small gifts include:
- Costume Jewelry
- Bath Bombs
- Valentine’s Knick-Knacks
- Hot Chocolate
- Fun Sticky Notes
- Nail Polish
- Ear Buds
- Kleenex Pocket Packs