I just HAVE to share this event with you that is coming up this weekend on October 18th, I’m pretty sure you will thank me for it!
Andrea Peyton is the Founder and CEO of the Weehelp Foundation.
Weehelp is a non profit organization that is proud to support the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Andrea, a local Edmontonian, was inspired to do something after the tragic loss of a family friend’s young child. Weehelp hosts “pop-up tots shops” of donated new or gently used baby & child items throughout the year with the funds raised going directly to the Stollery. The fall sale just so happens to be this week!
Here are 10 reasons why you must check out the upcoming Weehelp Foundation’s Pop-Up Tots Sale on October 18th at Terwillegar Community Church (1751 Towne Centre Blvd) from 10am-4pm.
1. 100% of the sales are donated to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. That’s right 100%! The costs for hosting the sale and maintaining the Foundation are all raised separately.
3. The items at the sale are extremely well priced– I can attribute to this as my first shopping experience with Weehelp at a local swap meet was cheaper than anyone else’s privately run tables!
4. The items are of amazing new or gently used quality. Andrea and her mother go through each and every item that is donated and check to ensure there are no rips, missing buttons, broken or missing pieces. Everything is washed and most of the clothes have been ironed! She even replaces the batteries on the toys. I’m not sure what swaps or ‘outgrown it sales’ you’ve been to but this is rare.
5. It is just not just baby & kids clothes. Weehelp sells toys, books, strollers, furniture, maternity clothes, monitors and more!
7. You can bring your donation items with you to the sale and they will store them for the Spring Pop-Up Tots Sale! My husband loves this one as he is still getting used to how much stuff young families need, (no honey, it’s not just us and the dog anymore)!
8. There is a kids area where your children can play and make a craft while you shop. Even better.
9. Lets talk about multitasking. You can bring your old car seat to be recycled at the sale! Donations are being accepted for this if you can help out but there is no charge, the first recycling program of its kind in Edmonton!
10. You can walk away from the sale with a full shopping bag of kid and baby friendly goodies and a full heart, knowing that your entire purchase is going straight to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation.