Yes, this Weekday Egg Recipe post is sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada, but I thought it was absolutely fitting that they would reach out to me during a week that the chaos around here felt crushing with deadlines and places to be and I still eat eggs on most mornings. I eat eggs for breakfast about five out of every seven days, yes, even during the week.
My morning routine includes waking my three girls, emptying the dishwasher, making their breakfast, feeding our three pets, taking the dog out and packing lunches. I try to squeeze in a shower for myself, and sometimes even manage to check email before 8.15am when we leave. I can’t leave the house in the morning without eating, so I prep and eat my breakfast while in the kitchen multi-tasking.
So I’m going to share with you my two favourite ways to enjoy eggs every day, even crazy busy weekday mornings.
THE MOST DELICIOUS
POACHED ON AVOCADO TOAST
This is my favourite way to have eggs lately. Poached eggs seem like more work, but they only need to boil for 3 minutes, so it’s the toast and avocado that take the most time.
- Start a pot of water to boil
- Mash or slice one avocado
- Crack two eggs into boiling water
- Set timer for 3 minutes for the eggs
- Toast one (or two) pieces of bread while the egg cooks
- Spread avocado on toast
- Ladle the eggs from the water
- Place the eggs on top of the avocado toast
- Add salt + pepper
SCRAMBLED WITH CHEESE & DILL:
- crack two eggs into a small bowl
- add salt, pepper and a little bit of dill
- whisk with a fork
- heat a pan and add a touch of butter or oil
- while it’s warming up grab a small handful of shredded cheddar cheese or tablespoon of cottage cheese
- add eggs to the pan and continuously stir while they cook so as not to overcook
- when they look almost perfectly done, add cheese and stir into the eggs
What I love about scrambled eggs is that I can almost always convince my girls to have some with me too, because they love cheesy scrambled eggs too!
I love my daily eggs, even on weekdays because they keep me full for the entire morning and I snack a lot less! Visit Eggs.ca for weekday egg inspiration and recipes to start your weekday off right!
*Sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada