Welcome Wagon is a Canadian national greeting service that provides free services to over 500 communities throughout Canada. Local businesses assist families with lifestyle changes, such as moving to a new location, getting married, having a child, becoming an executive, manager or professional and becoming new grandparents. In just the couple years Nina Atkinson Tchir, a local mom, and a member of the community took over the Birth Of Baby program that had been gone for 8 years prior!
What is the Welcome Wagon Birth Of Baby Program?
- Your local representative, which would be Nina in the St. Albert area will come to your home with a big basket of goodies from local businesses. Ranging from samples, coupons, gift certificates and other special freebies for you and your family. She will also give you tons of information on mom and baby programs and services in the area that Welcome Wagon works with.
- It is a great way to get connected to what is going on in your community! There are lots of amazing businesses and programs that you may not have heard about if this is your first child. Or if you have a large gap between children, new services may have opened that you weren’t aware of!
- A visit to look forward to! The first couple months after your baby is born are the hardest. With your spouse having returned back to work and trying to get into a routine-it can be exhausting. Welcome Wagon will come right to your home at a time that is most convenient for you and your baby and give you a basket of goodies for you to enjoy.
Who Can Participate In The Welcome Wagon Birth Of Baby Program?
- Any parent who is expecting or has a child under 6 months or younger, this does not need to be your first baby!
- You must live in St. Albert, Sturgeon County, Starling at Big Lake, Lancaster Park, Callihoo, Morinville, Fort Saskatchewan, Bon Accord, Gibbons or close to these communities. Edmonton residents (other than those in Starling are not eligible).
What Businesses & Services Are Apart Of the Birth Of Baby Program?
- National sponsors such as Registered Education Savings Plan & Canadian Baby Photographers
- TONS of local businesses such as Mary Kay Cosmetics, Putnam & Lawson law firm, Hot Mama Fitness, Ripple Effect Wellness Centre, t8N Magazine, Innovations Music/Visionary College, St. Albert Gazette, Edmonton’s Child Magazine, Shoppers Drug Mart, Glazing Pot Studio, Swiss Chalet Restaurant, Arbonne International, Sweet Boutique, Insurance & Investment Solutions, Bambini & Roo, Cadence Dental, Servus Place, Restoration Chiropractor, Famosa Pizzeria, Investors Group, Thrive Life Foods, Scentcy, Just Kids Consignment, Fountain Park Pool, Family Resource Centre, Go East Of Edmonton Magazine, The Back Doctors, Panago Pizza and Modern Mama!
How Do I Apply?
- Just fill out the online form here and your representative will be in contact with you to set up your home visit at a time that works for you and your family!
- Email Nina Atkinson Tchir at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/TEXT 780-966-7954.
Are There Other Programs Offered By Welcome Wagon?
Absolutely! If you are new to the area there is a Community Welcome Wagon program, you can access the information here!
* Images courtesy of Shutterstock