By: Lee-Anne Ekland
Are you thinking about making this Halloween special but worried about giving your little ones too much sugar? You can make the days leading up to trick or treating fun and healthier with these adorable Halloween recipes that your kids are sure to love (you for)!
5 Adorable Halloween Recipes for Kids
1. Squash Soup in Pumpkin Bowls ~ Your little ghouls just might just eat more squash soup if you serve it inside these mini pumpkin bowls.
2. Caramel Apples ~ Who doesn’t love the combination of caramel and apple? And now you can control just how much sugar goes into this recipe.
3. Skeleton Quesadillas ~ Breakfast was never more fun or more scary!
4. Strawberry Ghosts ~ Kids will gasp in delight at these adorable ghosts. Juicy strawberries, chocolate and a lick of almond flavour make these
little bites a howling success!
5. Black Bean Cat Crudités ~ This dish will impress at snack time and is a cinch to prepare. Just use a little imagination and a big enough platter to display all the parts of the cat skeleton.
Do you have recipes that stand out as favourites for your kids? We’d love to hear from you. Happy Healthy Halloween!
Lee-Anne Ekland is the community Director for Modern Mama Vancouver and blogs at Mom Paradigm.com in her spare time which she has less and less of these days.
Black Bean Cat Crudités
Strawberry Ghosts Photo Credit