Well it seems the long weekend is upon us already… is it just me or is May flying by? I’m sure a lot of people are going camping for the long weekend and as much as we love camping we will not be among the lucky ones. As we all know the weather can change in and instant and [dare I say it] we are not “safe” from snow until after this weekend. Weather aside, it is my little man’s second birthday next weekend and I still have way too much to do!
So this is a round up of what to do around town this weekend…
- Go for a walk; enjoy the lovely weather, great walking trails and various playgrounds around Spruce Grove and Stony Plain.
- Check out the Stony Plain Girl Guides Annual Plant Sale at Rotary Park in Stony Plain. It is on Saturday May 18th from 9am-3pm and will have bedding plants, herbs, tomato’s, hanging basket and more…
- Take a walk through downtown Stony Plain; there are lots of great locally owned shops to explore!
- Go to the local Farmer’s Market; you have three to choose from! All of them are on Saturday morning (May 18th)
‘Stony Plain Farmers Market’ is at the Community Centre in Stony Plain (5008-51 Ave) and runs from 9am-1pm on Saturdays!
‘The Heritage Farmers Market’ is at the Heritage Park Pavillion in Stony Plain and also runs 9am-1pm on Saturdays!
‘Spruce Grove Indoor Farmers Market’ is at the Grain Elevator Site (120 Railway Ave) and runs from 9:30am-1:30pm on saturdays.
- Go for lunch at a local restaurants, there are quite a few newer ones in the Century Crossing Plaza (By Save On Foods)