There are so many great places to spend time with your family in Spruce Grove and Stony Plain. But there are also some great locations just outside of town; here is a list of 5 places you may or may not be aware of:
- Chickakoo Lake and Recreation Area is located North of Stony Plain and spans over 480 acres! We often head over that way for a picnic and to enjoy the scenery. You can find more information here.
- Jack Fish Lake is located in Parkland County and offers a lovely area for: swimming, fishing, boating and of course picnics! Be advised that because it is a popular area the parking lot is patrolled on weekends from 10 am to 10 pm and there is a charge of $20 per vehicle to park there and gain access to the lake. You can find all the details here.
- The Pembina River is a great place to hang out, and there is a place in Entwistle where you can rent a tube and spend the afternoon floating down the river. The Pembina River Provincial Park is a great place for spending a day or camping for a few; there is swimming access and quite a few services. You can find more information about renting a tube here and all the details of the park here.
- Wabamun Lake not only offers lake access for boating, swimming, spending a day and camping but it also boasts a Lakeside spray park. You can find more information here.
- Allan Beach Resort is located next to Hubbles Lake and boasts a private sandy beach. It is my understanding that the admission cost is $10 per person over 10 years old and $5 for 10 years and under. More details can be found here.
Comments are closed.