By: Cory Pawliuk
Manufacturers recommend regular carpet care to keep it in tip-top shape. Get into the habit of maintaining your carpet and you will see marvelous results. Ever heard of the saying, “Prevention is better than cure?” Preventing dirt and filth from getting deep into the carpet in the first place is a great start for keeping it clean. Luckily, there are endless options of cleaning products, methods, and equipment available.
Have you ever noticed that only a few days after cleaning, you can see dust everywhere? So what’s in household and office dust? The specific dust combination in any one place differs depending on the several factors like age of the building, location and climate, and the number of people who live or work in it.
Nevertheless, nearly everywhere, dust consists of some combination of the following:
- Shed particles of human skin
- Animal hair
- Fragments of dead insects
- Debris from food
- Lint and other organic fibers from clothing, bedding, furniture and other fabrics
- Tracked-in soil and grime
Benefits of Proper Carpet Care
- Preserve and Extend the Life Your Carpet
- Keep The Form and Beauty of Your Carpet Intact
- Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
- Reduce Health Risk
- Prevent Mold Formation
- Avoid Premature Replacement Costs
Tips in Having a Well-kept Carpet
- Contain Dirt and Grime at the Front Door. Reduce the amount of soiling by using outside and inside mats. Clean indoor mats by proper vacuuming of dry soil while giving outdoor mats a good shaking and striking with a brush.
- Cleaning Air Filters. Follow your manufacturer’s direction and recommendation on changing air filters. The more dust and particles trapped by the filter, the less will fall in the carpet.
- Proper Vacuuming is Important. Regular vacuuming is the easiest but most effective in keeping your carpet clean. When vacuuming, use slow, repetitive front-to-back motions in overlapping sequence. Generally speaking, it is recommended to vacuum at least once a week.
- Attend to Spots and Stains Immediately. With patience and prompt attention, simple household spills can be removed. With all spills, the longer you wait, the higher the likelihood that it will leave a permanent stain or discoloration in the carpet.
- Professional Carpet Cleaning. In low-traffic areas, carpets can go 12 to 18 months between cleanings, but high-traffic areas may need to be professionally cleaned on a quarterly basis. For deep carpet steam cleaning it is important to seek out professional companies with proper certification. Technicians and businesses with certifications are guaranteed to be more equipped and knowledgeable than those without.
For more information or to book a professional cleaning contact Premium Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning at
www.premiumcarpetcleaning.ca OR 780-729-8512.
Note: Modern Mama Members receive 10 % off all services plus free application of fabric protector
**This post contains affiliate links**