To me the Holiday’s & Christmas movies go hand in hand; my family would gather into the living room and enjoy the glow of the Christmas Tree and the delight of a Christmas movie. Back then we would lay the VHS tapes out and fiddle with the VCR to get through the previews before we could get to the movie but the memories are still there. Luckily for my children we can make new memories with Netflix that capture the magic of the season without the commercials, tapes or DVDs. So grab a glass of eggnog, a holiday treat and curl up on the couch with one of these great titles:
- 12 Dogs of Christmas: Great Puppy Rescue
- A Christmas Wedding
- A Moody Christmas
- A Very Murray Christmas – Netflix Original
- All American Christmas Carol
- Arthur Christmas
- BoJack Horseman: Christmas Special – Netflix Original
- Christmas Crush
- Christmas Wedding Baby
- Christmas with the Kranks
- Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
- DreamWorks Happy Holidays Madagascar
- Fitzgerald Family Christmas
- Happy Christmas
- Holiday Engagement
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- My Little Pony: A Very Minty Christmas
- Pee-Wee’s Playhouse: Christmas Special
- Power Rangers Samurai: Christmas Together, Friends Forever
- Power Rangers Super Samurai: Stuck on Christmas
- Power Rangers: Megaforce: The Robo Knight Before Christmas
- The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About Christmas
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Search for Santa Paws
- Trailer Park Boys: Live at the North Pole
- What She Wants for Christmas
Christmas movies + Eggnog + Whipped Shortbread Cookies are three of my Holiday Staples and since Netflix has you covered for the Movies, grab a glass of eggnog and whip up some of my Grandma’s specialty: Whipped Shortbread.
What you need:
1 cup of butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
Optional: Maraschino Cherries
Cream the butter, flour and sugar together and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes, scrap the sides of the bowl with a spatula and beat for 5 more minutes. You want the dough to be light and fluffy so be sure to beat for 10 minutes.
Place spoonfuls of your dough onto a cookie sheet
If you are adding cherries now is the time, I use either a whole cherry or a half of a cherry depending on the size of my cookies. Just place the cherry on top of the cookie dough and gently push down.
Place in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 8 to 10 mins.
Your Whipped Shortbread will be ready when the bottoms have turned a light golden brown.
Enter to Win!
And as our gift to you, we will be giving away TWO Subscriptions to Netflix (for a six month subscription).