What a way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day then with green cookies!? This recipe is so easy that the kids can even help make them too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp mint extract
- green food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg. Add the mint extract at this time as well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour and salt. Stir this mixture into the wet mixture.
- Add several drops of food coloring to the shade of green you would like. (I find that at this point you need to hand mix the food coloring in as the dough becomes thick and the mixer has trouble distributing the coloring properly)
- Roll into a log and cover with plastic wrap. Put dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice dough into approx. 1/4 inch slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for approx. 9 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
Well Hannah definitely loves them! What about you? Do you have any St. Patrick’s Day treats that you make?