Baby’s coming soon, it’s time to create baby’s room in your home. If hiring a designer is not in the budget, we have some tips and links for you to create your dream nursery.
A couple of must-haves for your nursery include:
- change table
- rocking/feeding chair
- clothing storage (both folded and hung)
- diaper storage
Tips for decorating your baby’s room:
- Draw the room. Take out a piece of paper and sketch out furniture layout
- Colours vs. theme. Or both? A tour around the sites below can help you decide, then head to the paint store.
- Window coverings and bedding play a huge role in your nursery design, don’t dismiss their importance.
- Create a story board. Pin photos, paint chips and drawings up so that you can visualize the finished product.
So let’s go find some design inspiration!
1. Apartment Therapy has loads of general design inspiration and some baby room stuff too!
2. Houzz.com Not just nurseries, inspiration, products, architects and more, for the whole home.
5. Lay Baby Lay. Sweet blog with lots of trends, story boards on nurseries and more.
6. Spearmint Baby. How to’s, inspiration.
I originally wrote this post on UrbanInfant.ca