This 15 Minute Chicken Pot Pie is so good, your kids will eat it too!
Please note: This will take only 15 minutes or less to prepare but will need to bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
For the Filling, you will need:
- Cooked and shredded Chicken (I just buy a pre-cooked whole Chicken from the deli at my local grocery store)
- A half of a bag of frozen veggies
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (you can also use cream of celery soup)
Combine these three ingredients in your baking dish
For the Topping:
You have 3 choices for the topping and they are all delicious:
- 2 rolls of pre-made biscuit dough, cover the filling with the dough and bake
- Mix a batch of biscuits from a box mix (Bisquick or the like), cover the filling and bake
- Make biscuits from scratch, plop dough over the filling and bake
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, until biscuits are cooked through and are lightly brown on the top.
If you wish to make your own biscuits, this is a recipe that I love:
Combine: 2 cups of flour, 3 teaspoons of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Cut in: 1/4 cup of shortening (using either 2 knives or a pastry cutter)
Stir in 3/4 cup of milk, you may need to use your hands to combine the dough
Voila you have homemade biscuits! You can roll the dough out and cut it evenly or go for the rustic approach and drop it on to your mixture.