McDonald’s has upped the game with theirMcCafé brand recently and there were a few things about that and coffee that I didn’t know.
I’ll be honest here.
I’m not a coffee drinker.
But there isn’t a mocha or a latte around I’ve ever said no to. I love the creaminess of specialty coffees, and I have a major sweet tooth so I love the extra flavours.
Now that’s my jam.
Don’t get me started on the whole Pumpkin Spice Latte thing, I could go off. It’s just. So. Good. (Yes, McCafé does a mean PSL).
So here we go.
1. All McCafé specialty coffees are made with 100% Arabica espresso beans, providing an authentic, full-bodied and smooth taste.
2. McCafé specialty beverages can be customized to your tastes, with the choice of 2% or skim milk, and a chance to add a shot of vanilla, sugar-free vanilla or caramel flavour.
3. 100% Rainforest Alliance certified, McCafé beans are sourced from farms in Indonesia and Central and South America, which means McCafé beans are grown and harvested with great respect and care for people, wildlife, and the environment.
4. I did NOT know that Cappuccinos actually have more foam than Lattes do, and I’m a huge foam lover so I may have to switch to Cappuccinos now.
5. The Mochas (my current fave) at McCafé are made with Ghirardelli chocolate and real whipped cream.
6. We’ve all heard of food + wine pairings, but did you know that bakery items also pair best with certain specialty coffees? (McCafé bakery items are baked fresh daily) Try the following:
- Espresso pairs best with: Chocolate Chunk Brownie
- Latte pairs best with: Blueberry Danish
- Cappuccino pairs best with: Mini Chocolatine
- Pumpkin spice pairs best with: Mini Maple Pastry
Enjoy your coffee, mamas.
*Posted in partnership with McDonald’s Canada. All opinions (and croissants consumed) are my own.