With the return of Gilmore girls: A Year in the Life, Netflix is giving mothers and daughters another way to bond. I have fond memories of watching Gilmore Girls with my Mom and sister when I was younger and I am looking forward to watching this new Gilmore Girls with them again!
- A recent survey revealed more than half of women (53%) wish they spoke to their mother more often.
- More than half of mother-daughter duos surveyed (59%) report that post-show discussions are the best part of sharing a show together.
- Watching together is so important that despite the distance, almost half of moms and daughters (41%) think watching together brings them closer. Even though one third of moms and daughters surveyed live thirty or more minutes apart, over half have gone out of their way to physically watch together on many occasions.
No matter what kind of mother-daughter relationship it is, Gilmore has something for you. The survey found that globally, almost equal portions of mother-daughter relationships fall into the following three groups:
- 39% of respondents say they’re two peas in a pod, and are BFFs like Rory and Lorelai Gilmore.
- 31% say they may be polar opposites like Lane and Mrs. Kim, but they just want what’s best for each other.
- 30% know it can be complicated like Lorelai and Emily Gilmore, but they can’t imagine life without each other.
So will you be inviting your Mom over for a Date Night on November 25th??? I know I will be!
**I am a member of the Netflix Stream Team**
Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 86 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Research
The Netflix Mother-Daughter Survey was conducted online by SurveyMonkey Audience on behalf of Netflix from October 28 – November 9, 2016. A sample of 10,143 women aged 18-65 in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Spain, France, Italy and Germany were interviewed. The precision of SurveyMonkey Audience online surveys is measured by a margin of error. The margin of error on these results is+/-1% based on a confidence interval of 95%.