Did you know that Return-It Depots now offer Express Service that make running errands easier than ever when it comes to your bottle refunds and recycling?
Return-It Express drop-off also means faster, cleaner and the simplest way to get your bottle deposits back through cheque or gift card, OR donate them to a charity of your choice easily.
I incorporate my bottle drop-offs with the Return-It Express service so that I am not spending ANY time sorting my bottles, and so that my girls and I can get on with our day, especially in this beautiful summer weather!
Today, we gathered up our empties at home, packed up the car and did a few errands all at once, including groceries, the car wash, and unpacking from our recent Summer vacation.
The reward for participating in my must-do household errands was going for a cool slushy drink together afterward!What are some other mommy duties you do with kids in tow?
Here are some tips to get through them painlessly:
- After keeping your empty beverage containers in a clear/blue recycling bag throughout the week, drop it off at the Express Return-it depot nearest you return-it.ca/locations/express/
- Select grocery stores now offer online shopping with delivery or curb-side pickup
- Plenty of pharmacies now offer drive-thru service (what could be more convenient with a sick child in tow?)
- Bring snacks along for younger children who may grow impatient while going from stop to stop.
- Use a DVD player in the car or device to play their favourite show or movie.
- Finally, my personal fave, take them for a slushy drink or hot chocolate after you’re done everything as a reward for helping out and/or behaving.
To use the Return-It Express service (you don’t have to sort, and you just drop off in transparent recycling bags!), register online with your phone number. It takes about 2 minutes:
- To sign up for your free Return-It Express account, visit express.return-it.ca and register with a phone number.
- With Return-It Express there’s no need to sort. Simply place your empty beverage containers securely into a “Blue” or transparent bag.
- Visit a Return-It Express kiosk at one of the locations listed and use your registered phone number to access your account.
- Select how many bags you have and where you want to deposit your refund. You can either choose your account or select one of the charities listed on the screen.
- Once you’ve finished, the kiosk will print off labels for you to stick on each bag. It’s important each bag receives it’s own sticker.
- Place your bags into the Express Kiosk drop off area and you are done. They will count and refund your deposit. It’s that simple.
- Go online to check the status of your account or to redeem your refunds for e-gift cards, a cheque or a charitable donation.
Good luck with your next errand day!
*sponsored by Return-It Express