Disclosure: I did receive a discounted rate for my stay. As always all my opinions are my own
*Contains affiliate links*
Have you ever been somewhere so beautiful you thought you were dreaming? That’s the beaches of Turks And Caicos for me.
Back in October, I had the pleasure of visiting the Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort for the Social Media On The Sand conference. This was my first time traveling outside of North America so, I had no idea what to expect from a tropical holiday. I’m excited to share all about my experience with you!
About The Resort
Beaches is a one of a kind family-friendly all-inclusive resort. Owned by the same company as Sandals you can expect all of the incredible amenities with the addition of tons of kid-friendly perks. Including a 45,000 sq ft waterpark, kids clubs, sesame street characters and much more.
Beaches Turks and Caicos has 5 beautiful villages including the French, Italian, Key West, Caribbean, and Seaside. You will find breathtaking architecture, delicious restaurants, and gorgeous pools. They have a wide variety of price points so you will be able to find an option that works for you and your family.
We ended up staying in the Italian village which is the center of the entire resort. There are many perks to staying in this location like having immediate access to the largest pool, just off the beach, and some of the best restaurants. Our room was absolutely beautiful and included a separate room for kids, a large bathroom with double sinks, a jetted tub, and a marble shower. Probably our favorite feature was the balcony as we were on the corner suite we spent every night sitting out looking at the stunning pool. One thing I will say is if you are going with kids it can sometimes get loud at night especially on the weekends with weddings.
You will find a whopping 21 restaurants all of which anyone can visit with the exception of Le Petite Chateau ( ages 12+) and SKYY restaurant (ages 16+) in the evenings. I know some all-inclusive resorts will limit the number of times you can visit their fancier restaurants but this is not the case with Beaches! They have such a wide variety of cuisine which is important when traveling with kids as some can be very picky. An awesome feature is that they also have two food trucks at their waterpark, the mac n cheese truck, and an ice cream truck.
Here were some of our favorite restaurants
- Kimonos – A hibachi restaurant that serves up delicious food with a show. This is the only restaurant that needs reservations so make sure you get one. You won’t want to miss out!
- Soy Sushi Bar– If you are a sushi lover this place is for you. Their sushi is quite small but this meant we got to try a wide variety. This was my husband’s favorite place and we regret not going back for a second dinner!
- Le Petite Chateau– Hands down the fanciest restaurant at the resort. We had a very romantic dinner that included duck, lobster, and steak. Just remember this restaurant is for ages 12+ but you can always arrange childcare while you and your spouse have a meal alone.
- Barefoot By The Sea– While we only visited for breakfast ( highly recommend the peach pancakes) it was very delicious. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and I know my kids would love that it is on the beach. Bring some sand toys to kill time while you wait for your meal!
- Dino’s Pizzeria– Very yummy wood oven pizza. This is a fantastic place for kids and adults, they also have another pizza place called Bella Napoli that has a very similar menu. We went there for lunch after spending time snorkeling and it hit the spot.
- Cricketers Pub– One of the only restaurants open until 2 am this British pub is the perfect place to grab a bite after a long flight. We got in around 10 pm and after checking in we paid them a visit for some pina coladas and hot wings. They also have pool tables and karaoke on certain nights.
While my husband and I went solo on this trip we plan on taking our kids to the next conference in October. Having access to the kid’s camps is huge when planning your trip. We of course plan on spending lots of time together as a family but some activities are not kid-friendly and sometimes you need time alone as a couple.
All of the nannies and kids camp staff are members of in international nanny association and have also been trained in safety, nutrition, and child development. Another incredible thing about Beaches is that they are the first resort company in the world to complete the International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES) training and Autism Certification.
The clubs are separated by ages so that they are able to have the appropriate amount of staff to kid ratio. It is also important as they are able to take each group to age-appropriate activities.
For more information about kids, camps click the link here!
What To Do
At Beaches all-inclusive truly means all-inclusive which means all food, drinks, and water/land sports are included.
- HOBIE® CATS
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL
- LAWN CHESS
- DAY & NIGHT TENNIS
- BILLARDS & MORE!
Pirates Island Waterpark
I know when we go back to Beaches my kids will basically live in the waterpark and I don’t blame them. With a 650 foot lazy river, Surf simulator, swim-up kids bar, and 3 huge water slides this is one amazing place. Not to mention that there is also the mac n cheese and ice cream trucks parked directly next to the waterpark. This is also where you will find Bobby-Dees, an amazing restaurant with burgers, ice cream, and fresh cotton candy made to order!
There are tons of entertainment for guests of all ages the hardest part is deciding which party you are going to!
Sesame Street is an incredible partner of Beaches and a huge hit with all the kids. As such they have lots of fun Sesame Street parties including stage shows, activities with different characters ( baking with cookie monster looked so fun!), Sesame Street parades, train rides, and so much more!
I have to say Beaches has truly thought of everything for their guests ensuring there is something for everyone – teens included. Some of the teen activities include trench town which is their game area that has flat-screen TVs, foosball tables, arcade games, air hockey, and more! They also have an Xbox Play Lounge which has Minecraft, Forza Motorsports 7, NBA 2K18, Hexic 2, Dirt Rally, and more for you to play.
Just with the kids and teens, there are so many things for adults to do! Like I said before my husband and I were without the kids but we took part in so many fun things. Cricketers Pub has pool tables and karaoke on certain nights you will get a brochure of things happening the night before. If you’re looking to relax I highly recommend the Red Lane Spa! At the conference, we got to enjoy some of their services and they were incredible. We also went out to liquid nightclub for an event the conference was putting on and we had a blast. Beaches also has a weekly beach party that they put on where there is a Sesame Street parade down to the location and there is a buffet meal and entertainment. Perfect for the whole family!
Booking Your Trip
We had such an incredible visit to Beaches Turks & Caicos and couldn’t recommend it enough for families.
For more information about the resort and to book your visit simply click here!