Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Giving Tuesday was born and incubated at the 92nd Street Y and its Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact in New York City. Giving Tuesday is now an independent nonprofit and a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity
This movement has inspired countless businesses to factor giving back as a major part of their brand. Here at Modern Mama, we would love to highlight this generosity by shining the spotlight on these exceptional companies. On the first Tuesday of every month, we will post a “Giving Tuesday” blog featuring a Canadian company that has made it their mission to give back. If you are a company that would like to be featured, or would like to nominate one, please contact me at Lesley@modernmama.com.
This month we highlight Peace Collective, with 2 store fronts in Toronto, or online ordering, they not only sell vintage, pride, sport and home based clothing for women, men and kids, they give back to a number of charities with every single purchase.
Helping you look good while giving back to the causes you believe in.
Welcome to Peace Collective
Everything we do stems from our passion to make giving back easy and accessible. We produce quality apparel that looks good and does good, and in turn makes you feel good. When you shop Peace Collective, you’re investing in garments that stand out in more ways than one. Every garment sold gives back to the communities that need it most.
- On Demand
- A selective of products are a part of our P/C On Demand program. Made from scratch and ready to ship in 3-6 days. This is done in an effort to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Home Grown
- These garments are 100% Canadian Built. Our Made In Canada products are proudly knit, dyed, cut and sewn on Canadian soil.
- Our GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified garments are plant based materials like cotton and linen, grown without harmful pesticides or fertilizers, making it healthier for you and our planet
- Reduce, reuse, and RECYCLE. Recycled fabrics repurpose waste, diverting these materials from the landfill and using less energy in the process.
- Responsible Forestry
- Calling all tree lovers! Fabrics made with renewable wood fibres in sustainably managed forests are produced with a lower impact on forests, biodiversity, and water supply. Materials like TENCEL™ Lyocell are produced through a closed-loop system that recovers over 99% of solvents used, making it a highly resource-efficient process.
- OEKO-TEX® is one of the world’s best-known labels for textiles tested for harmful substances. It stands for customer confidence and high product safety. OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified ensures that products are free from dangerous substances — chemicals like pesticides, heavy metal, formaldehyde, and undesirable surfactants.
Every few months, we will update you on the total amount of donations we have raised for our various donation partners
DONATED TO: CANADIAN & AMERICAN FOOD BANKS
DONATED TO: CAMH FOUNDATION
DONATED TO: UNHCR
916 Face Masks
DONATED TO: SICKKIDS FOUNDATION
With your help, we’ve raised a total of $164,937 to date for the causes our community is passionate about. Thank you for your continued support. We wouldn’t be able to do it without you.
Our 2030 Mission
Our goal is to raise $1,000,000 for the causes our community is passionate about by the year 2030.