Whether we like it or not, the cold and wet weather is coming and it is time to get your family geared up for yet another Canadian fall & winter. I’m excited this year because we’ve found the perfect boots for my son from a Canadian company called MyMayu! Designed by 2 parents who were fed up with clunky rain boots, every single detail has been thought out with these boots.
We tried & tested the Explorer Boots for my 2.5 year old and these are the things we love about them:
- So Lightweight! There is nothing worse than watching a toddler clunk along with heavy and awkward boots that slow them down. Not these babies, my son ran, jumped, skipped and even rode his bike with them on.
- Packable! Anyone who travels with their child knows how much stuff they need. Eventually you just get tired of hauling around all the extras and things get left at home. Since MyMayu Boots are lightweight, flexible and completely collapsible this will never be an issue.
- Waterproof! These boots are not just water resistant. We jumped in puddles and I even had my son stand under the garden hose with them while we were testing them out. After a solid half hour of wet play his feet were dry. (Over time it is normal for any waterproof product with seams to sometimes let small droplets of water enter, this can be taken care of by spraying the seams with a waterproofing product)
- Protection! There are toggles at the ankle and knees so that water can not enter from the top of the boot. This is also handy if your kid likes to do things such as swing and kick their boots into the air. These boots aren’t going anywhere.
- Two Boots in One! MyMayu boots are designed for 3 Canadian seasons- fall, winter and spring- thanks to the double sided fleece Helios Liners that can be easily added for warmth. Combine them with a wool sock and you should be good to go for most cooler temperatures. Here’s some more information about MyMayu in the winter.
- MyMayu boots come in sizes for 1 to 8 year olds and can also fit over orthotics; all they need are adult boots for me! You can buy MyMayu boots online here or at these local retailers across Canada (there are 3 in the Edmonton area).
We love these boots so much and feel that you will too so we’d like to give a pair away! Just comment below telling us what your favourite part of fall is and you will be entered. MyMayu will send the lucky winner their choice of boots with liners (based on availability).
*Contest closes September 23 at midnight, MST. Winner will be contacted by email and will have 24 hours to confirm or a new winner will be chosen. Canadian residents only.
*I was gifted a pair of boots for the purpose of this review. This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own, as always!