By: Courtney Hunter, Lethbridge Community Director
Finding a healthy recipe that the whole family will love is a tough one! And get this – they want something different every night! Gah! The pressure!
This throw together salad will hit the spot! Healthy, yummy and plenty filling to keep those tummies happy.
Here’s one of my fabulous recipes for Fall recipe: Quinoa, Steak & Kale Salad…
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinse well
- 300g of good steak cut into strips
- 2 good sized leaves of Kale, finely chopped
- ½ an avocado diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 carrot diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
As easy as 1, 2, 3…
1. In a saucepan, cover quinoa with about 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Then simmer on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until most of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy.
2. Cook steak to your liking then allow to rest for a few minutes.
3. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and add the hot ingredients just before serving.