Now that you’ve packed away all the summer clothes and toys you might be feeling a little stressed with all the purchases you need to make for the new season. Fall staples for your kids include warm sweaters, thin layers, lots of fleece pants, socks, hats, boots, and of course the snowsuit! I find that we change up our toys with the seasons as well. If this is your first fall/winter with baby, or soon to be, read on because the Weehelp sale is not to be missed!
What is Weehelp?
Weehelp is a non profit organization that is proud to support the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. Andrea Peyton, a local Edmontonian, was inspired to do something after the tragic loss of a family friend’s young child. Weehelp hosts “pop-up tot sales” of donated new or gently used baby & child items throughout the year with the funds raised going directly to the Stollery. This fall’s sale is happening on October 17th!
Here are 10 reasons why you must check out the upcoming Weehelp Foundation’s Pop-Up Tots Sale on October 17th at Terwillegar Community Church (1751 Towne Centre Blvd) from 10am-4pm.
1. 100% of the sales are donated to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation. That’s right 100%! The costs for hosting the sale and maintaining the Foundation are all raised separately.
2. Since September 2013 Weehelp Foundation has raised $58,000 for the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation and this fall they are hoping to add $12,000 more. Amazing!
3. The items at the sale are extremely well priced– I can attribute to this as my first shopping experience with Weehelp at a local swap meet was cheaper than anyone else’s privately run tables!
4. The items are of amazing new or gently used quality. Andrea and Weehelp volunteers go through each and every item that is donated and check to ensure there are no rips, missing buttons, broken or missing pieces. Everything is washed and most of the clothes have been ironed! She even replaces the batteries on the toys.
5. It is just not just baby & kids clothes. Weehelp sells toys, books, strollers, furniture, maternity clothes, monitors and more! There will be thousands of new and gently used baby and kid items from newborn to age 14. There will also be over 200 snowsuits, jackets and snow pants- just in time for winter!
6. There is no admission fee for the sale. That’s right, free. There is a collection jar for those willing to donate to help assist with operating costs.
7. You can bring your donation items with you to the sale and they will store them for future Pop-Up Tots Sale! My husband loves this one as he is still getting used to how much stuff young families need, (no honey, it’s not just us and the dog anymore)!
8. There is a kids area where your children can play and make a craft while you shop. Even better.
9. Lets talk about multitasking. You can bring your old car seat to be recycled at the sale! Donations are being accepted for this if you can help out but there is no charge; the first recycling program of its kind in Edmonton!
10. You can walk away from the sale with a full shopping bag of kid and baby friendly goodies and a full heart, knowing that your entire purchase is going straight to the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation.
A few important notes: cash only and there is NOT a cash machine on site & bring some re-usable bags to haul your purchases to the car. I hope to see you there! XOXO,