*Please note that this event has been rescheduled to Saturday May 14th at the Kinex Arena in St. Albert. It will take place from 3-6pm and all admission fees from the last hour will go to help evacuees from Fort McMurray.
Shop the Closet is a unique, economical and all around amazing way to shop guilt free for yourself next Saturday May 14th! Here’s why I love it:
- Finally, shopping for mom! Kids markets are awesome, but I am ready for a market made just for me!
- I can get rid of some of my many, many clothing and accessories that have been sitting in the back of my closet. Those shoes that always hurt my feet and those pants that I am pretty sure will never fit me again- let’s be honest. At the time this post was published, there were very limited stalls left for rent please apply here if you want to snag one of the last ones!
- It’s like going to a girlfriends house and going through all her outfits that you love, but you can actually take them home, at a huge discount.
- Recycling, there is no question that it is better to find a new home for something previously loved!
- Local, another no brainer. Support ladies in your community, who may also have a shopping obsession, as well as businesses that are locally run. Our friends, and Perks Partner, Frock Box will be there too!
- There will be over 80 tables of new and gently used items. This event is kid friendly and there’s wide aisles for strollers.
- It’s a Saturday, so make it a girls night! After you finish scoring some amazing deals and are on cloud 9 from a fantastic shopping experience head to one of St. Albert’s many great eateries for dinner and enjoy. I would suggest Central Social Hall or Privada Wine and Tapas!
- New this year is a swap option. Simply bring in 3 or more pieces of gently used women’s clothing during the event, pay $2 per item you bring and you get swap tickets to choose new items to take home!