Twisted Mat Yoga is a hidden gem in the Lower Lonsdale Area that is so tucked away I might never have known it existed without a recommendation from a good friend! This beautiful, bright studio opened its doors only a few weeks ago in a residential area right next door to Andrews on 8th Coffee Shop , and they’ve already found an outpouring of support from local families looking to get their little ones more active & relaxed!
Twisted Mat Yoga is North Vancouver’s first children, teen, family and adult yoga studio. No matter what age or experience you have in yoga, they have a class perfect for you. This boutique studio offers smaller, intimate classes to ensure they meet the needs of all of their students. Mission: to provide the North Shore community with a blissful, comfortable space to stretch, breathe, rejuvenate and twist!
- Tiny Yogart: 2 hour drop-off class where tiny twisters enjoy one hour of yoga, and one hour of art, with snack provided.
- Yogartists: 2 hour drop-off class where total twisters (ages 6-9) enjoy one hour of yoga, one hour of art, with snack provided.
- Family Yoga: Yoga for the whole family to twist and stretch together!
- Hour long yoga classes for all age groups: Tiny Twist (ages 2-5), Total Twist (ages 5-9), Tween and TeenTwist (ages 10+), Family Twist
- After school care programs starting in the fall (pre-registration required)
- Yoga birthday parties!
- Monthly yoga events (starting with a summer pyjama party on Friday, July 25th!)
My girls and I attended an hour-long family class this week, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much they loved it. I wasn’t sure if my younger one would listen and take direction for something as calm as yoga (she did, for the most part), and my older one is usually a tough sell with new teachers/classes (I had to drag her out of there….she wanted to stay for the rest of the day!).
7 reasons why north shore mamas MUST give Twisted Mat Yoga a try:
- Teacher Jenny has a phenomenal ability to get little ones calm, centered, and paying attention (not surprising given her wealth of experience gained at her former gig at a kids yoga studio in Vancouver)
- You can DROP YOUR KIDS OFF for up to two hours at a time (from ages 2+)….I’ve never seen another drop-off yoga class offered for kids as young as 2 years old on the North Shore
- The coffee shop next door is the perfect place for mamas to chill after dropping off your little ones
- You can join your kid for a family yoga class if you feel like some bonding/relaxation time together
- The studio is beautiful and bright, with huge picture windows at the front and restored hardwood flooring
- The format of one and two-hour classes are flexible to allow for some kid-friendly yoga poses & activities, colouring/painting time in the craft corner, and quiet time in the reading corner jam-packed with comfy pillows (depending on the mood of the kids in the class)
- You can buy a 10-class pass that reduces the cost of classes (especially good for families with more than one kid)
To celebrate the opening of Twisted Mat Yoga, we’re excited to be giving away TWO prize packs to our readers.
Giveaway #1: BIRTHDAY PARTY PACKAGE ($250 value)
- For ages 2+ and themed to your birthday yogis’ choice!
- One hour of themed yoga
- 30 minutes of themed craft time
- 30 minutes of free play (cake time, dancing, presents)
- A birthday t-shirt for the birthday boy or girl
- A relaxation stone for children to take home
- Complimentary mats
Giveaway #2: 2 TICKETS TO PYJAMA PARTY on JULY 25th ($25 value each)
- Friday, July 25th, 6-8 pm (good time to drop kids off and sneak in a date night!)
- For kids aged 5-10
- $25 per ticket, includes PJ party with yoga, outdoor play, nature art, dancing & smoothie making!
If you’d love to win one of these prizes from Twisted Mat Yoga, enter below through Rafflecopter. Contest closes at midnight on Thursday, July 17th.