There are a lot of Preschool Options out there in the City. I have compiled a list of my top 10 organizations, some of which have multiple locations. Open Houses typically take place near the end of January to March. You can also arrange with any of the schools for tour of the facility.
Each day, our preschoolers follow a consistent routine, including snack time, free play, lunch time, bathroom and hygiene, and nap or quiet time. Educators follow our Kepler lesson plans that include group projects, art and science activities, scissor handling, storytelling and reading, name recognition, practicing letters and early writing skills, numbers, dates, shapes and talking about the weather. Educators will encourage friendships and caring for others and explore different ways to express feelings. Children will be introduced to gardening, nature, using technology and more.
- Westlink Centre
- 16826 107 Avenue, Suite 104, Edmonton
- College Plaza
- 8215 112 Street, Suite 215, Edmonton
- Sunlife Place
- 10123 99 Street, Suite 100, Edmonton
- 14055 West Block Drive, Suite 150, Edmonton
- 10906 30 Avenue SW, Edmonton
- 15170 127 Street, Edmonton
- Emerald Hills
- 170 Ebony Boulevard, Sherwood Park
- 625 St. Albert Trail, St. Albert
- 11 Westwind Drive, Spruce Grove
Montessori classrooms provide a child-centred learning environment that allows preschoolers to work in groups or individually without distractions. Dr. Maria Montessori noted that children learn from experience and interaction with their environment. Self-correcting didactic materials are available, and are designed to stimulate logical thought and discovery.
Our unique curriculum introduces lessons simply and concretely and reintroduces the lessons at increasing degrees of abstraction and complexity throughout the school year. The Montessori program provides blocks of uninterrupted work time to allow children to repeat lessons and arrive at new ways of completing. This integrated approach to education is one of the Montessori program’s greatest strengths.
- West End Montessori School
- 15120 104 Ave NW, Edmonton
- Rising Scholars Montessori Inc
- 1207 91 Street SW, Suite 101, Edmonton
- Crestwood Montessori School
- 10042 164 Street, Edmonton
- Riverbend Montessori School
- 536 Riverbend Square, Edmonton
- One World Montessori School
- 951 Ogilvie Boulevard, Edmonton
- Montessori & Me
- 16018 104 Avenue, Edmonton
- Morning Star Montessori
- 7910 36 Avenue, Edmonton
- 1850 Lakewood Road S, Edmonton
- 1204 Ellwood Road SW, Edmonton
- Montessori Play & Learn Centre
- 10815 76 Avenue, Edmonton
- Alta Montessori
- 945 Mistatim Link, Edmonton
- 14707 77 Street, Edmonton
- Treehouse Montessori
- 124 66 Street SW, Edmonton
- Montessori Bilingual Academy
- 16629 83 Avenue, Edmonton
- Montessori School House
- 4004 144 Street, Edmonton
- Spirit West Preschool
- 18345 62B Avenue, Edmonton
In our Frog Street Pre-K rooms, children meet Fanny the Frog, who helps them along their learning journey through lessons focused on language, literacy, math, science and social-emotional skills. These foundations in both academic and personal skills are critical to life long success.
- Hermitage Centre
- 570 Hermitage Road, Edmonton
- Millwoods Centre
- 2653 66 Street, Edmonton
- West Henday
- 850 Webber Green Drive, Edmonton
- Windermere Centre
- 1203 175 Street SW, Edmonton
- Sherwood Park Centre
- 20 Main Boulevard, Sherwood Park
- Leduc Centre
- 5010 48A Street, Leduc
The Preschool Room offers a balance of free play together with structured individual and group activities. This gives your child a well-balanced early education. At this age, children are asking questions about the world around them; they are continuing to develop their self-concept and control. Through our dedicated educators, our program offers opportunities and experiences in areas of science, math, gross and fine motor skills, dramatic play, constructive play, as well as creative and movement activities.
We recognize that each child is a unique person with an individual pattern and timing of growth and development. Our educators are sensitive to the different levels of ability and learning styles of each child and consider these factors when developing appropriate activities for this age group.
- The Learning Tree Preschool
- 101 – 957 Fir Street, Sherwood Park
- The Meadows Early Learning Centre
- 3828 17 Street, Edmonton
Our morning program for 3- and 4-year-olds uses free time play and learning centres to develop motor skills and encourage critical thinking, independence, creativity, and cooperation.
Our afternoon program for 4- and 5-year-olds sets the tone for kindergarten by providing a hybrid of our morning program with a child-led, research-based curriculum based on the Alberta Education kindergarten program of study.
- Room 15, Malmo Elementary School
4716 – 115 Street NW, Edmonton
Little Aspen Playschool is a parent-run, non-profit playschool that has offered a three hour play-based program in the heart of southwest Edmonton since 1986. Our two experienced and dedicated teachers create a safe learning environment for three and four year olds with familiar routines, songs, crafts, stories and free play indoors and out. We offer involvement without in-class duty days and no obligatory fundraising. Find out why families keep choosing Little Aspen Playschool.
- 12015 39A Avenue, Edmonton
- Parkallen School
6703 – 112 Street, Edmonton
Through the use of themes and engaging activities, each child will develop at his/her own pace. For some children this may be a natural progression, for others the skills may take additional time and practice. At JumpStart, language, literacy and communication skills are embedded into all of a child’s daily experiences.
- 20041 Lessard Road NW, Edmonton
- 3580 Allan Dr SW, Edmonton
- 6409 Cartmell Pl SW, Edmonton
We offer a holistic learning environment that supports children’s learning through play, communication and literacy development. We are a diverse group and have a social responsibility for each child’s wellbeing.
We are committed to providing a learning space that inspires creativity and honours and reflects the diversity of each child and their families. We celebrate each students social practices, cultural practices and traditions.
- 3712 114 St NW, Edmonton
The LCDS Preschool program is a structured, fun, play oriented program with a focus on family and community, language enrichment, social & personal development skills and development of fine & large motor skills.
- 13931-140th Street Edmonton