Disney has come out with their latest film called Encanto. We have been loving all of the Disney movies that they have been releasing and this movie looks like it won’t disappoint. Continue reading to find out how you could get to view the film before anyone else!
Disney’s Encanto is in theatres November 24
In Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto,” Mirabel—the only ordinary member of her extraordinary family—discovers that the magic surrounding their home is in danger, and she might be her family’s last hope.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel (voice of Stephanie Beatriz). But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope. Releasing on Nov. 24, 2021, the film is directed by Jared Bush (co-director “Zootopia”) and Byron Howard (“Zootopia,” “Tangled”), co-directed by Charise Castro Smith (writer “The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez”), and produced by Yvett Merino and Clark Spencer; the screenplay is by Castro Smith and Bush. “Encanto” features original songs by Emmy®, GRAMMY® and Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “Moana”); Germaine Franco (“Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Little,” “Tag”) composed the original score.
- “Encanto” reunites filmmakers Byron Howard (director), Jared Bush (co-director/co-writer) Clark Spencer (producer) of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 2016 Oscar®-winning feature film “Zootopia.”
- Original song, “Colombia, Mi Encanto,” is performed by 17-time GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY winner, singer, songwriter and actor Carlos Vives.
- Germaine Franco (“Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Little,” “Tag”), who co-wrote songs including “Un Poco Loco” and “Proud Corazón” for Disney and Pixar’s “Coco,” is composing the score for “Encanto.”
- Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jared Bush also worked together on Disney Animation’s “Moana.” The “Moana” Original Motion Picture Soundtrack set a new record in August 2021 for weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s soundtrack chart – hitting No. 1 on 52 occasions since its release on Nov. 18, 2016. (It hit 58 weeks at No. 1 as of the week of Oct. 2, 2021).
- Set in Colombia, the film embraces the diversity, culture, people and music of the country. Filmmakers were deeply inspired following their research trip, and “Encanto” was made in collaboration with the Colombian Cultural Trust, a group of experts in Colombian cultures, anthropology, botany, music, language and architecture. Familia, a group of Latinx Disney Animation employees also shared their personal perspectives and experiences to help shape the film.
Release Date: Nov. 24, 2021
Voice Cast: Stephanie Beatriz, María Cecilia Botero, John Leguizamo, Mauro Castillo, Jessica Darrow, Angien Cepeda, Carolina Gaitán Diane Guerrero, Wilmer Valderrama, Rhenzy Feliz, Ravi Cabot-Conyers, Adassa
Directors: Jared Bush, Byron Howard
Co-Director: Charise Castro Smith
Producers: Yvett Merino, p.g.a., Clark Spencer, p.g.a.
Screenplay by: Charise Castro Smith, Jared Bush
Original Songs by: Lin-Manuel Miranda
Original Score composed by: Germaine Franco
We are so excited to be giving away two family packs of tickets to attend the advanced screening of Disney’s Encanto
When: Wednesday, November 17th
Where: ScotiaBank Theatre
Click on the widget down below to enter! Winners will be chosen on Monday, November 15th.
a Rafflecopter giveaway