Disney’s Encanto is in theatres November 24
In Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto,” Mirabel—the only ordinary member of her extraordinary family—discovers that the magic surrounding their home is in danger, and she might be her family’s last hope.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel (voice of Stephanie Beatriz). But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope. Releasing on Nov. 24, 2021, the film is directed by Jared Bush (co-director “Zootopia”) and Byron Howard (“Zootopia,” “Tangled”), co-directed by Charise Castro Smith (writer “The Death of Eva Sofia Valdez”), and produced by Yvett Merino and Clark Spencer; the screenplay is by Castro Smith and Bush. “Encanto” features original songs by Emmy®, GRAMMY® and Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “Moana”); Germaine Franco (“Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Little,” “Tag”) composed the original score.
- “Encanto” reunites filmmakers Byron Howard (director), Jared Bush (co-director/co-writer) Clark Spencer (producer) of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 2016 Oscar®-winning feature film “Zootopia.”
- Original song, “Colombia, Mi Encanto,” is performed by 17-time GRAMMY and Latin GRAMMY winner, singer, songwriter and actor Carlos Vives.
- Germaine Franco (“Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Little,” “Tag”), who co-wrote songs including “Un Poco Loco” and “Proud Corazón” for Disney and Pixar’s “Coco,” is composing the score for “Encanto.”
- Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jared Bush also worked together on Disney Animation’s “Moana.” The “Moana” Original Motion Picture Soundtrack set a new record in August 2021 for weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s soundtrack chart – hitting No. 1 on 52 occasions since its release on Nov. 18, 2016. (It hit 58 weeks at No. 1 as of the week of Oct. 2, 2021).
- Set in Colombia, the film embraces the diversity, culture, people and music of the country. Filmmakers were deeply inspired following their research trip, and “Encanto” was made in collaboration with the Colombian Cultural Trust, a group of experts in Colombian cultures, anthropology, botany, music, language and architecture. Familia, a group of Latinx Disney Animation employees also shared their personal perspectives and experiences to help shape the film.
Want to enter for your chance to win a family pack of 4 tickets to the advance screening of Disney’s latest movie, Encanto in Vancouver?
Wednesday, November 17 @ 7:00pm
Scotiabank Theatre – 900 Burrard St
How to Enter:
- Make sure you are FOLLOWING Modern Mama Fraser Valley on Instagram or Facebook OR
Modern Mama Vancouver on Instagram or Facebook.
- TAG a friend on the contest post on either Modern Mama Fraser Valley on Instagram or Facebook OR
Modern Mama Vancouver on Instagram or Facebook.
- SHARE the Facebook and/or Instagram post
- Then enter using the Rafflecopter link below.
** all steps must be completed to be eligible to win (We will be verifying)
Contest closes November 15th, 2021 at 12:00 AM Winners will be posted on widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you have any family or friends in Edmonton or Calgary, Modern Mama Edmonton and Modern Mama Calgary are running a giveaways for advance screenings in those cities as well..
DISCLAIMER: 2 winners will be chosen at random, each will win 1 set of 4 tickets.
Winner(s) will be emailed a redemption code and instructions on how to claim their tickets online. Winner(s) must be able to attend the screening on Wednesday Nov 17th at 7pm at the Scotiabank Theatre downtown Vancouver (address above). All those 12 and older must show proof of vaccination and ID upon arrival. Masks are mandatory in the theatre when not actively eating or drinking. Guests are asked to please arrive 30 minutes prior to showtime.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored or affiliated with FB/IG. Open to CANADIAN RESIDENTS who have a genuine, public, and non-contester account. All entry requirements are mandatory and failure to complete all requirements will void your entries. Closes November 15 , 2021 12:00 AM PST. Two winners will be drawn randomly. The winners must claim their prize within 24hrs of being contacted. The winners will be posted by November 16, 2021 on modernmama.com.
In the event that this is no longer available replacement prizes will not be provided.
This contest is in no way sponsored/endorsed or affiliated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.