I was invited to a media preview of this year’s event. All opinions are my own.
The Vancouver Christmas Market always makes me feel like the Christmas season has arrived. Between the festive decorations and the Gingerbread Men singing carols it’s impossible not to enjoy yourself. The market is located at Jack Poole Plaza. Tuesdays are $10 entry at the gate only on November 26th, December 3rd, 10th and 17th. The Vancouver Christmas Market is open from November 20th to December 24th. It is open daily 11:30am to 9:30pm. December 24th it is open from 11:30am to 6pm.
They have a Holly & Jolly combo pass with Flyover Canada. The combo includes admission to Christmas at Flyover Canada and a printed souvenir photo, admission to Vancouver Christmas Market, fast pass that includes season pass and one non-alcoholic beverage (hot apple cider or Kinderpunsch).
The food is one of my favourite parts of this Market. They have a ton of vendors that carry dessert and dinner options. They market also features mulled wine options with the ability to purchase this year’s anniversary mugs. The food is always delicious and has a wide variety of delicious options
I always make sure to visit:
- Bon Macaron Patisserie
- Transylvanian Chimney Cakes
- Das Gulasch Haus
- Mr. Pretzels
- Two Sweet Elves
- Cheese Me Raclette.
The on-site WunderBAR is the perfect date night outing this holiday season. It has a beautiful rustic feel and murals of snow covered mountains on the walls. It is undercover and heated. It is reservation only. You can book for hour-long seatings, where merry mixologists will make an assortment of delectable seasonal offerings. The experience includes one Christmas cocktail or non-alcoholic option served in a commemorative take-home glass or mug, catered gourmet charcuterie board or delicious German dessert, and an unlimited fast entry & season pass to the market. Purchase for $34.99/person.
On November 27th, December 4th and 11th the market offers 2-for-1 entry for everyone attending after 5pm. There will also be 2-for-1 non-alcoholic drinks and carousel rides.
- Walk-in Christmas Tree featuring 36,000 lights.
- Market mascots Holly and Jolly Gingerbread people
- Locks of Love where you can sign a lock with the person you love, lock it on the display and throw away the key. Can purchase locks for $2.
- Lovers’ Lane Tunnel of Lights that features 20,000 lights
- Picture Frame with North Shore Mountains in background to pose with in the Winter Deck
- Santa is on-site Monday to Thursday 12pm-9pm and Friday 11:30am-9pm.
- The Market features a Christmas Carousel that is perfect for young and young-at-heart.
- Kinder Kraft Igloo with arts and craft activities sponsored by 4Cats.
- December 1st is Kids Day. Youth 12 and under get into the market by donation to Children’s Wish Foundation. Carousel is by donation. Princesses will be on site as well. There will be family-friendly live entertainment, free arts & crafts, a market-wide scavenger hunt and more!
There is 80 huts of authentic German sweets, treats and treasures. There is something for everyone on your list: food items, skincare, candles, crafts, holiday ornaments, fashion, soap, jewelry, alcohol and more!
Let me know in the comments, what your favourite part of the market is.